Fat Tone Amps
Guarantee and Quality Control
The team at Fat Tone Amps have turned the construction and engineering of each amp into a pure art form.
Much like the music you will produce on them every Fat Tone Amp is made to exacting standards of design and superb production quality, honed over many years of expertise and practise. We make our amps one at a time for each individual client to ensure you get the best possible bespoke product for your investment!
We use only the best components and circuitry in every Fat Tone Amp we hand make. The beautiful classic cabinet design on the outside hides the sophisticated hardware and circuits that will enable you to produce your perfect tone.
We provide all our clients with a five year* quality warranty. So, if your amplifier develops a fault within this period, beyond that expected from reasonable wear and tear, we will repair the problem here on site as quickly as we can.
To arrange the return of goods or to make a repair then please contact us by email on enquiries @fat-tone-amps.co.uk. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
* We do offer an extended warranty on request
Note: Our amplifiers can be fitted with international power supplies to allow overseas customers to use them also.
All our Fat Tone Amplifiers include:
- Solid, 3/4” hand-made pine finger jointed cabinet. The cabinet is constructed to ensure maximum resonance from your selected speaker driver – to enhance a full fat tone.
- Specially designed transformers, wound here in UK specifically to meet the exact requirements of your amplifier’s power supply and output driver. The oversized transformers are the heart and soul of your amp and work in perfect partnership with the tubes to create a big fat round tone.
- Modular circuits boards mounted on the highest quality materials to ensure maximum durability. The modular design is unique and allows for easy maintenance and modifications – if required.
- Highest quality components including Sprague Atoms capacitors, FT Capacitors, Sprague Orange Drop, IC or Mallory 150 tone caps, phenolic sockets, switchcraft jacks and custom transformers.
- All amplifiers are hand wired one at a time with the utmost attention to detail. All component leads are straightened and cleaned before they are soldered to the modular circuits.
- Values of components are increased in key areas to make the amplifier more responsive with all the bass and crunch a harp player needs. This process is carried out as part of the design phase, to ensure you get the best tone possible from the finished amplifier.
- Jensen vintage speakers or you select your own driver.